Tikdams = तिकड़म = Smart Hacks for IAS Prelims
Tikdams are smart hacks which help you arrive at the right answer with just the basic knowledge. With Dr. Vipin Garg (IAS) closely monitoring the quality of our Flagship Prelims 2018 TS, we thought it would be good to have our users get a first-hand idea of how you can develop this habit daily!
Here’s the question of the day:
Q.1) Consider the following about the draft Code on Wages Bill 2017, introduced recently in the Lok Sabha:
1. It seeks to combine Payment of Wages Act, 1936, the Minimum Wages Act, 1949, the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, and the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976 into one code
2. It will ensure minimum wages to all and timely payment to employees irrespective of the sector without any wage ceiling
3. It proposes a concept of statutory National Minimum Wage for different geographical areas
Which of the statement/s given above is/are incorrect?
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 only
c) 3 only
d) None of the above
Inspired by: First labour code on wages likely to be passed in Budget session
The draft Code on Wages Bill 2017
The bill seeks to combine Payment of Wages Act, 1936, the Minimum Wages Act, 1949, the
Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, and the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976 into one code.
The new Code on Wages will ensure minimum wages to all and timely payment to employees
irrespective of the sector without any wage ceiling.
The bill proposes a concept of statutory National Minimum Wage for different geographical areas.
It will ensure that no state fixes the minimum wage below the benchmark decided by the Centre for that particular area.
It also provides for an appellate authority between the claimed authority and the judicial forum which will lead to speedy, cheaper and efficient redressal of grievances and settlement of claims.
Whenever a new law comes, it tries to simplify earlier laws and subsume them to reduce proliferation of laws. At least, this is the case in India, in recent pass- Eg. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Act. Hence, 1 is correct.
And obviously, it would have all such desirable provisions as mentioned in very simple words in 2 and 3. Hence taking a little risk, even when you do not know anything in such a question, would be worth it.
Liked the way we solved it?
With Prelims on June 3, you would benefit a lot from joining our Flagship 2018 TS: 3200 ques with 600+ tikdams!
- Click here to join the Prelims Flagship Test Series 2018
- [Save 20%] Click here to join Samachar Manthan – Our CA Weekly program for pre/mains
- Solve Prelims Daily questions here