- Context: “Bunkar Mitra”, the Government of India’s Helpline for Handloom Weavers, went live
- The helpline is a great mix of technology, youth and tradition
- Textile Minister told the officials of the Ministry to monitor issues on which maximum complaints are received, so that corrective actions can be taken
- The helpline provides a single point of contact to handloom weavers across the country for addressing queries and providing guidance
- The following services are available through this helpline: Assistance on technical issues, guidance for:
- Raw material supply, Availing credit facility, Quality control, Access to marketing linkages, Information about various schemes and procedure to avail benefits
An important initiative for the weavers of the country, remember the term for Prelims exam.