Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: From news – India, Uzbekistan to route their trade though Chabahar
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is a Eurasian political, economic, and security organization
- The organization, formed in 2001, aims to boost cooperation in economic and security matters between China, Pakistan, India, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan
- India and Pakistan joined SCO as full members on 9 June 2017 at a summit in Astana, Kazakhstan
- Iran, Mongolia, Afghanistan, and Belarus have been granted observer status in SCO
- In 2017, SCO’s eight full members account for approximately half of the world’s population, a quarter of the world’s GDP, and about 80% of Eurasia’s landmass
B2B #2: From news : Niti Aayog seeks views on rationalisation of trade margins in medical devices
Drug Price Control Orders (DPCO)
- DPCO are issued by the DoP under Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, in the exercise of the powers conferred under section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- This enables the Government to declare a ceiling price for essential and life-saving medicines and ensure that these medicines are available at a reasonable price to the general public.
- The latest DPCO was issued in 2013
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name of the scheme : SWAJAL yojana
Objectives : 90% of the project cost will be taken care of by the government while the rest 10% of the project cost which will be contributed by the community
Salient Features : It is a community owned drinking water programme which will not only ensure round-the-year availability of clean drinking water but also generate employment. – Besides ensuring the availability of clean drinking water to every household round the year, the project would also generate employment. – It is the second project under the Swajal Yojana. Prior to this, it has been launched in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
Nodal Ministry : Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation