Mains Paper 2: Governance | Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Not much
Mains level: Educational sector performance
- IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay are among the world’s top 200 institutions when it comes to producing “employable graduates”, according to the latest edition of QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
- Delhi University figures in the top league of institutions in terms of the alumni outcomes indicator, which indicates how successful a university is at producing “highly achieving graduates”.
- DU has scored 96.6 out of 100 on alumni outcome — the 21st best score in the world.
- These results indicate that universities cannot rely on reputation alone. They also need to ensure that they are committed to innovative teaching methods, proactively forge relationships with businesses, and provide numerous opportunities for students to meet potential future employers
- Overall, Stanford University was number one in the graduate employability rankings followed by University of California in Los Angeles and Harvard University.