Starting 2nd April – APSIP Essay Course with K Siddhartha
Target 140+ | Click to see how & register for the module
1. The LHCb (standing for “Large Hadron Collider beauty”) experiment is one of seven particle physics detector experiments collecting data at the Large Hadron Collider accelerator at CERN. It can help to explain the Matter-Antimatter asymmetry of the Universe.
2. A quark is an elementary particle and a fundamental constituent of matter. Quarks combine to form composite particles called hadrons, the most stable of which are protons and neutrons, the components of atomic nuclei.
3. A baryon is a composite subatomic particle made up of three quarks (a triquark, as distinct from mesons, which are composed of one quark and one antiquark). Baryons and mesons belong to the hadron family of particles, which are the quark-based particles. The name “baryon” comes from the Greek word for “heavy” because, at the time of their naming, most known elementary particles had lower masses than the baryons.
Very important- for prelims as well as mains. It has also been in the news many times. So if you have been reading the news regularly and revising, there should not be much new information here.
Potential of DNA:
Highest data- storage density ever
The details of study are too technical and may not be important. But know all other important facts mentioned in the news card for prelims point of view. Needless to say, such points can be added into essay on technology as the one seen in 2016 mains.
Important for prelims- know what is hyperloop and the proponent. See b2b for details.
Very important for prelims. What is the worlds most powerful supercomputer? Click here.
Not very important. Can be a minor prelims tit-bit on what is a supercapacitor.
The information is important for Prelims. This can also be quoted in mains as a use of technology for better implementation of schemes.
Very important for prelims.
This is an important issue for prelims as well as mains. For prelims, basics about CERN, India’s membership, various experiments in CERN can be asked.
India & CERN:
Remember basics about chemical bond, G N Lewis for prelims.
Not so important card but could be a minor tit-bit for prelim and a point in Artificial intelligence or technology related essay as seen in Mains 2016.
1. Metabolites – are the intermediate products of metabolic reactions catalyzed by various enzymes that naturally occur within cells. This term is usually used to describe small molecules.
2. Biomarkers (short for biological markers) are biological measures of a biological state. Biomarkers are the measures used to perform a clinical assessment such as blood pressure or cholesterol level and are used to monitor and predict health states in individuals or across populations so that appropriate therapeutic intervention can be planned. Biomarkers may be used alone or in combination to assess the health or disease state of an individual.
Antrix keeps coming in the news from time to time. Students tend to ignore such things, but they are important from a prelims perspective.
When it becomes a prototype for commercial use it can break into the billion-dollar sector.
With this achievement, CIRB becomes the world’s third and India’s second institute to produce cloned buffalo.
Among the three new LOHAFEX clusters that were discovered, the first was related to class of Bacteroidetes while the second and third belonged to Firmicutes.
Once verified, the intriguing signal will mean a new particle has been found.
Shinkansen literally means new trunk line that refers to the high-speed rail line network in Japan.
The system met the major objectives of desalination system: low lifespan cost and performance.
This system shows promise that the problem of clean drinking water can be solved in any coastal area where seawater and sunlight are available freely.
Austrian physicist Wolfgang Pauli postulated the existence of Neutrinos particle.
Now, some questions still remains ?
May be, another Nobel will reveal the answers ?
For the first time in history, our experiment validates the century old Minkowski theory near Total Internal reflection
World’s highest terrestrial centre at 17,600 feet above sea level at Changla near Pengong lake in Ladakh
Approval for implementation of Integrated Air Command & Control System (IACCS) project of Indian Air force (IAF)
Manipal university professor is part of the team that made this discovery.