- “There are many sweets made in Andhra. But, ‘Putarekulu’ are made only in Atreyapuram.
- Tucked in lush green fields on Godavari canal bund, the village became famous for its ‘Putarekulu’ sweet which is exported to various Indian cities and other countries.
- ‘Putarekulu’ made with ghee and jaggery can be stored up to one month. If made with dry fruits, the rolls can be stored for 10 days.
- However, the sweets can be preserved for more days by storing in fridges.
- Find out more such endemic varieties of sweets which served India and may be World!
Find out more such endemic varieties of sweets which served India and may be World! We have GI tag indicator for some sweets – Help us make an extended list here!
Tirupati laddu already makes in a list of UPSC’s GI tag!!