When you submit your answer, if possible, give some reasoning & more info. along with the ABACAA format. Elaborate on what you know. This is going to help you retain & remember better.
NOTE 1: Get 6 months of Prelims Daily compilations at the price of 5 – Click2Save
NOTE2: Introducing [Listicles] on Civilsdaily. High Yielding Revision Blogs for your Prelims Preparation – Click2Read
FREE: Click2Download the pdf on The Art of Tikdams to fine tune your IAS Prelims Preparation
Q.1) Which of the following regions are included in Coastal Regulation Zone-1 (CRZ-1)?
1. National Parks
2. Marine Parks
3. Wild Habitats
4. Regions which are 12 nautical miles into the sea
Select the correct option using the code given below.
a) 1, 2, 3 and 4 only
b) 2, 3 and 4 only
c) 1, 2 and 3
d) 2 and 4 only
Q.2) Recently, nearly three decades after the Bofors howitzers were inducted, the Army has got its first artillery guns i.e. Ultra light Howitzers (ULH) M777 from BAE Systems. What is the place of origin of M777?
Q.3) Recently, the government has approved amendments to ‘the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act’ for allowing construction of Centre-funded infrastructure projects within the limits of “prohibited area” around protected monuments. Consider the following statements regarding the ‘prohibited area’:
1. Prohibited area is an area of 100 metres around protected monuments
2. The monuments and sites which are centrally-protected comes under the jurisdiction of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)
Which of the following statement given above is/are correct?
a) 1 only
b) None is correct
c) 2 only
d) Both are correct
Q.4) Which of the following statement regarding the AMASR Act is incorrect?
a) It was passed for countering the problem of theft of ancient monuments from Indian historical sites
b) The Archaeological Survey of India functions under the provisions of this act
c) It was passed in 1958
d) It is an act of parliament
Q.5) Which of the following is not a type of Millet?
a) Finger Millet
b) Proso Millet
c) Gold Millet
d) Pearl Millet
Q.6) When you travel in Himalayas,you will see the foll: (CSE: 2012)
1. Deep gorges
2. Uturn river courses
3. Parallel mountain ranges
4. steep gradients causing landsliding
Which of the above can be said to be the evidences for the Himalayas being young fold mountains?
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 1, 2 and 4 only
c) 3 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Q.7) Normally the temp. Decreases with the increase in height from the earth’s surface, because (CSE: 2012)
1. the atmosphere can be heated upwards only from the Earth’s surface
2. there is more moisture in the upper atmosphere
3. the air is less dense in the upper atmosphere
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2,3
Q.8) The acidification of oceans is increasing . why is this phenomenon a cause of concern ? (CSE: 2012)
1. The growth and survival of calcareous phytoplankton will be adversely affected
2. The growth and survival of coral reefs will be adversely affected
3. The survival of some animals that have phytoplankton larvae will be adversely affected
4. The cloud seeding and formation of clouds will be adversely affected
Which of the statements are correct?
a) 1, 2 and 3 only
b) 2 only
c) 1 and 3only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
1. Be 110% practical with current affairs with N4S & B2B – Make notes daily
2. IAS Prelims 2017 aspirants, compete for AIRs & more Tikdams (Smart hacks) – Join us for TS
3. Solutions will be uploaded at 11.30 p.m. Click here for Solutions
PS: If you have any queries regarding Test Series, write a mail to us at email@example.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.