Here are 2 Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: From news- UN report for social inclusion
- The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is the regional development arm of the United Nations for the Asia-Pacific region.
- It is established in 1947 with its headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Parent Organisation: UN ECOSOC
- ESCAP works to overcome some of the region’s greatest challenges by providing results-oriented projects, technical assistance, and capacity building to member States in the following areas:
- Macroeconomic Policy and Development including the publishing of Asia-Pacific Development Journal (APDJ) twice a year
- Trade and Investment
- Social Development
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Information and Communications Technology and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Sub-regional activities for development
B2B #2: From news- Commission approves modern animal-free testing for drugs
- The pyrogen test is carried out to check impurity or substance that can cause adverse side-effects
- For the test, the drug is injected into a rabbit and the animal is closely observed for feverish symptoms
- The abnormal toxicity test is carried out to check potential hazardous biological contamination in vaccine formulations
- This batch test is done before the product is approved for marketing. In this, mice or guinea pigs are injected with the vaccine. The scientists observe if there is the death of any animal.
As a part of revision for Prelims 2018, Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name : AgniII
Defence Forces : Army
Module Type : Missiles
Brief Intro : 1.Agni-II, is a strategic ballistic missile. The Agni missile family is envisaged to be the mainstay of the Indian missile-based strategic nuclear deterrence. 2.The Agni-II is a medium-range ballistic missile (MRBM) with two solid fuel stages and a Post Boost Vehicle (PBV) integrated into the missile’s Re-entry Vehicle (RV). . 3.The Agni-IIA is a more advanced version of Agni-II, albeit with more sophisticated and lighter materials, yielding a better range and operating regime. Agni-IIA was later renamed as Agni-IV plugging the gap between Agni-II and Agni-III. Range: 2000 Km
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.