We have been getting emails every single day to extend the discount till the prelims results are announced and provide more lectures. Hence we are upgrading the program further.
Apart from the static subject videos, now we will also provide Economic Survey & Budget Analysis Videos covering key concepts and important terms for Prelims 2019. Economic Survey analysis will be available from 2016 to 2018 covering trends in Indian Economy as well as key issues related to it.
That makes the total video lectures to be 75 hours.
We will be extending the discount till 2 weeks after prelims results keeping in mind interest of students who are awaiting prelims results to decide further course of action.
Demolish UPSC series
We are releasing 60+ Hours of Advanced Video Lectures on Static subjects – Polity, History, Geography, Economy
These cover the most important topics from prelims perspective
Basic knowledge will be helpful in understanding these though it’s not mandatory
CD remains committed to its students’ success. We are ready to go the extra mile to turn your dreams into reality.
Here is the detailed schedule of lectures:
Importance of Economic Survey and Budget
Economic Survey and Budget are the 2 most important documents that you will go through in your exam preparation.
- Economic Survey discusses all the major government initiatives with the explanation.
- If we go by the trend, every year around 20 questions in prelims and 7-8 questions in mains are directly related to the Economic Survey and Budget.
- Questions in prelims paper stress on important phrases, key analysis, and technical terms. Hence they have to be thoroughly studied.
- Almost mandatory to imbibe actual phrases used in Economic Survey to frame answers for Main Examination. for example, if a Question is asked on Banking sector problems in the mains exam, you can always quote the 4R recommendations of the 2016th economic survey.
- Adding the important and relevant facts and figures significantly enhance your marks in General Studies Paper-III.
- Deep knowledge of the current policies and programs of the government also help an aspirant to write meaningful Essays in UPSC Civil Services Main Examination. For example, Wiping every tear from every eye “Twin balance sheet problem”, “translating potential into actuality” “ Chakravuyh challenge” etc.
- According to the new trend economy and the environment is going hand in hand. So questions can come from that perspective also.
- Many statistics and schemes are now being asked in Prelims
Watch the video to know how we ensure you get 120+ score in Prelims
The only TS that is supervised by top rankers and provides personalized attention to students. Check out the 7 points that make it the best in the market.
It goes without saying that Civilsdaily’s Flagship Test Series Program has created a name for itself. It is preferred among students in their advanced stages of preparation.
Here is what ABHILASH BARANWAL, AIR 44, CSE-2017 had to say about CD
Here is what JITENDRA KUMAR SHARMA, AIR 392, CSE-2017 had to say –
This year, we have upgraded the program to make it the best offering in the market.
Introducing CD Prime TS 2019
1. One comprehensive program – Our TS is a full-fledged course in itself! With a mix and match of various kinds of questions and detailed explanation wherever need. It is a very effective way of both, starting a subject and revising one.
2. Telegram Groups moderated by to Toppers. Mentorship taken to a whole new level. You will be helped at every step of the way.
3. Introducing questions-types – Judging the quality of any TS is very subjective. While some will say its great, others will say its quality has decreased over time. That is why we have introduced the concept of question-types. They ensure consistency in quality. How? We have explained that in the end.
4. Dedicated monthly CA Tests – Exclusive focus on Current Affairs(CA) by having dedicated monthly CA tests. Besides, exhaustively preparing for CA questions, it has helped students precisely figure out what their weaknesses are.
5. Tikdams and mastering the art of intelligent guesses – Tikdam Technique is an innovation by Dr. V(AIR 20) and has helped students gain additional marks. Our TS is the only TS that puts a conscious effort to build student’s risk-taking appetite.
6. Subject and sub-subject Level Tagging – These tags will help you understand the importance of themes and revise other questions from them.
7. Two-tier quality check – Our questions pass through a rigorous true stage assessment criteria. The first being done by CD’s core content team with the final approval from a coterie of rankers.
The detailed schedule of test series with complete booklist to be followed can be seen here for Batch 1: Click2View
It will be updated soon for Batch 2
What are questions types
Wherever applicable, we will try to stick to the format decided below. It standardizes questions to a decent extent.
A. Consolidation Questions
These questions consolidate information from different topics to help you see concepts holistically and also aid retention.
Eg. Consider this question. You would not have studied all the ‘Majorities’ together but under separate topics. This question will help you understand the concept in entirety.
Consider the following questions on the types of Majority
1. Special Majority of not less than 2/3 of the Members present and voting is required in the passage of a resolution under Art. 249 and Art. 312ONLY.
2. Impeachment of the President requires Not less than 2/3 of the Members present and voting along with Majority of the Total Strength of the House.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Explanation – A very detailed account of the types of Majority is given here https://www.civilsdaily.com/blog/types-of-majorities/
Statement 1 is correct despite having ‘ONLY’ in it.
B. Comparative Questions
Comparative questions help you understand the relative differences between related topics. Consider the question below. Instead of asking a question on HC or SC separately, we have clubbed it together.
Consider the following statements with respect to the appointment of judges of High Court & Supreme Court
1. The minimum qualifications prescribed in the Constitution is same for judges of HC & SC.
2. While SC judges are appointed by the President, HC judges are appointed by the SC.
Which of the following is/are incorrect?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
Explanation – 3 qualifications are common to both judges of HC and SC
1. Citizen of India
2. Judge of HC for 5 years
3. Advocate in HC for 10 years
In case of judges of SC, there is an additional qualification – If he/she is a distinguished Jurist in the opinion of the President. Judges of HC are also appointed by the President. The controversy around appointments has been in news very frequently. Please read – https://www.civilsdaily.com/story/judicial-appointments-conundrum-post-njac-verdict/
C. Interactive Questions
These questions will ask you to go through a concept/related concepts and reply back with comments. This will help you re-visit the entire concept rather than simply answer one specific aspect of the topic.
Eg., consider the following question –
The conversion of Ammonia (NH3) to nitrite (NO2-) and then to nitrates (NO3-) is called
In this process, the ammonia is converted into nitrate by the presence of bacteria in the soil. Ammonia is oxidized to form nitrites by bacteria such as Nitrosomonas species. Nitrates are converted into nitrates by Nitrobacter. This conversion is very important as ammonia gas is toxic for plants.
Make a note of all the processes involved in the Nitrogen Cycle – nitrogen fixation, assimilation, ammonification, nitrification, and denitrification process.
Leave their definitions/organisms involved in the comments.
D. Star-marked/special questions
These are advanced questions that are not from standard sources but relevant for the exam. These questions will help you build additional knowledge without going through specialized books.
Eg. Questions on books by freedom-fighters, News not covered by the Hindu, IE, PIB but of very high importance in world affairs.
Besides these, questions indirectly related to CA will also be asked.
Do I need to join a TS for prelims at all?
Despite UPSC being unpredictable, prelims TS is the only program that can help you assess how your preparation is. Besides few questions that are directly asked from TS, it helps in developing a good understanding of how to prepare/what to prepare/what to prioritize and so on.
In today’s hyper-competitive exam scenario, it’s almost impossible to clear the exam without a good TS in hand.