Essay Paper in UPSC can be tricky. It requires a mentor with both wide knowledge and a sense of what is expected by UPSC to score high marks.
Hence, we roped Zeeshan sir to lead the team for the Essay program. He is extremely well-read, has scored high marks in Essay papers.
He stays humble and down to earth always willing to help young aspirants achieve their dreams. We couldn’t have asked for anyone better than him.
The importance of essays for the exam cannot be underscored.
While the performance of students is more or less the same in GS papers (especially 1,2,3), they have an excellent shot at scoring over 150+ in essays which could spearhead them to the top
Practicing essays can also be the best way to consolidate what you’ve read so far and make good revision notes helping you for both prelims and mains GS papers as well
Writing good essays can be very challenging. Time and again we’ve received many queries from students like
1. Reviews provide additional points but don’t address the inherent shortcomings and deficiency in my skills
2. Will reading ready-made sample essays help me prepare for essays?
3. Don’t know how to start an essay, how to organize one.
4. Can we do well in essays without practicing by re-using our GS paper knowledge alone?
5. Is there a universal format that I can stick to?
That’s why we’ve invested a great deal of energy to create a program the likes of which are offered by no one else
What are we offering and how is it unique?
We’ve innovated at every step of the process.
1. More precise topic selection
Our research tells us there are 8 broad themes of essays being asked since 2010
3. Women Issues
5. Science & Tech
We plan to develop your competencies in each of these themes so you are extremely well prepared for the exam.
We will have 14 tests in total where you will get to write 28 essays. 8 tests before prelims and 6 tests after prelims. The 8 tests will be theme-wise. So you would’ve covered all the themes before prelims.
2. An innovative methodology for reviews
Our biggest innovation lies in our review methodology.
Specific portions of your essay will be highlighted with symbols to indicate issues in essay writing
1. (X) Cross – FUNDAMENTAL FLAWS like judgments/strong postures which need to be avoided at all costs.
2. (*)Star -APPRECIATION for uniqueness.
3. STRUCTURE is not maintained. Issues with Language and expression.
4. GENERAL SUGGESTIONS for candidates.
Along with this, evaluators will also leave specific reviews on strengths and weaknesses
Other institutes suggest additional points which can be googled by the student himself or point out superficial flaws like not sticking to the topic. They don’t necessarily highlight the shortcomings in the essay. This adds very little value to students. We go much beyond that and help students fix major flaws in their essays.
3. Sample Structure, solutions, and personalized attention.
We will discuss the topic in considerable depth, appropriate structure, pitfalls to avoid, etc.
Along with that, we will also discuss copies presenting different styles in which the essays could be attempted.
This component of the program is the most important.
Students have an incorrect impression that going through a sample essay will somehow help them write better essays. This is absolutely incorrect.
While this strategy works for GS because there is a good chance of the question being repeated, with essays it is not true. You have to understand that the broader theme of the essay might be similar but the topics are always unique and require to be tackled differently.
To develop your competency in tackling different topics, you have to be able to come up with appropriate structures This aspect of the program addresses this issue
The expectation from you would be that you study the solutions in detail and try to address the shortcomings in your essays. Should doubts still persist, contact us and we will help get them resolved.
4. Habitat membership
You will also get a membership to the exclusive Essay Writing group on Habitat. (Link in the curriculum)
Here you can engage in discussions, doubt sessions and participate in mentor-led activities in the group.
5. Good essay copies
You will be provided with good essay copies to serve as sample answers. This is a better alternative than sample answers which are hastily written and at times not updated with the latest figures.
6. Improvement tracking
Your essays will be marked on the following parameters.
- Comprehension of the topic
- Language and Expression
- Structure and Organisation of thought.
- Objectivity and Biases. Balance of perception
- Attitude whether a learner or judgmental
- Focus and attention
- Content and Source matter, Knowledge and information processing capability
- Ability to forge links in an interdisciplinary manner
- The simplicity of disposition
- Observational Skills
7. Besides these, you will be given the following
>CD Current Affairs Monthly Magazines.
>Any additional material that we release for essays.
MODE OF PAYMENT
PAY VIA CARD/UPI
12,000+GST = 14,160
ASK FOR A PAYMENT LINK FROM OUR TEAM/ PING US ON WHATSAPP
DIRECT BANK DEPOSIT
A/C NAME: APEIROGON TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD
A/C NO: 50200016012695
IFSC CODE: HDFC0000922
WALK-IN & PAY
VISIT OUR OFFICE AN SWIPE CARD/ DEPOSIT CASH & GET A RECEIPT
GET IN TOUCH
LOCATION: 1 LGF, Apsara Arcade, Next to Karol Bagh Metro Stn. (Gate #7), Delhi 110060
CONTACT: email@example.com OR +91 8929987787
Essay Test 1
Essay Test 2
Essay Test 3
Essay Test 4
Essay Test 5
Essay Test 6
Essay Test 7
Essay Test 8