Low Priority News Items of the Day:
SC refuses to extend Assam NRC deadline
The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected the Centre’s plea seeking extension of time for publication of the draft National Register of Citizens for Assam, as the government termed fixing of the deadline as judicial overreach and an “encroachment” into the executive domain.
Every PIL is not important from the UPSC perspective. Only those PILs are important which can have significant effect on the society, Indian laws or politics. We will write newscard on it, if any significant thing comes out of it. But it is an good example of Judicial Overreach(which is halted).
Such a strange silence
The Pope has been in South Asia this week, with the focus of his stops in Bangladesh and Myanmar on the reconciliation and rehabilitation of more than 836,000 Rohingya (including 623,000 since August, according to the UN’s International Organisation for Migration) who have fled gruesome violence in Myanmar.
The Op-Ed talks about an important ongoing issue. But we have written many good newscards on this issue. You should go through them, for a better understanding of the issue.
Other initiatives @ CD
- 100 Most Probable Q&A for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 100 Most Probable Issues for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 60 Most Probable Ethics Case Studies | IAS 2017-18: Click2Get
- Target Mains Q&A Compilation- September 2017: Click2Get
- Prelims 2017 Analysis + Directions for Prelims 2018 Workbook by Dr. V: Click2buy
- Civils Digest + Prelims Daily compilation released for September 2017: Click2buy the 6 month compilation for 99 only
- Flagship Prelims TS Batch 2 started on 15th September: Click2join | Contact us for any more queries at firstname.lastname@example.org | Call us at 8823831311