Skip to the content
- A committee headed by Rajasthan Education Minister Vasudev Devnani has sent recommendations to the Central government.
- Stating that the ‘no detention policy’ under the Right to Education (RTE) Act should be revoked.
- The committee had received the consent of 18 States for required amendments in the ‘no detention policy’ under the Right to Education (RTE) Act.
- Under the no detention policy, no student can be failed or expelled till Class VIII.
- However, States, including Rajasthan, have already done away with the policy.