Low Priority Items of the Day:
SC to hear Congress plea on VVPAT
The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear a petition filed by the Congress to direct the Election Commission of India to frame guidelines for counting of votes through Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) machines in the upcoming Gujarat Assembly elections to ensure transparency.
We will wait for the final judgement on the plea. Until then, no need to go too deep inside the news. No relevant facts from the UPSC perspective(in the article).
Why make a show of patriotism: SC judge
Justice Misra had reasoned that the practice would “instil a feeling of committed patriotism and nationalism.” Finally, the court left it to the government to bring out any notification, if necessary, to make or not make the playing of the anthem mandatory in cinema halls. The case was posted for hearing on January 9, 2018.
We have written a newscard on the same issue. You can go through that newscard. This article do not have much data which is relevant from the UPSC perspective.
On a different trajectory
Half a century after the Naxalbari movement arrived like a Spring Thunder over India, questions are beginning to arise as to whether the spark that gave rise to it is in danger of being extinguished. Independent India had previously experienced armed peasant movements, including the Telangana armed struggle and the Tebhaga movement (in Bengal), but the Naxalbari movement seemed to follow a different trajectory.
The Op-Ed talks about the Maoist ideology and its possible future effects on India. If you have time, then you can go through it, but it is not directly related to the UPSC syllabus. So, we can skip it.
Other initiatives @ CD
- 100 Most Probable Q&A for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 100 Most Probable Issues for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 60 Most Probable Ethics Case Studies | IAS 2017-18: Click2Get
- Target Mains Q&A Compilation- September 2017: Click2Get
- Prelims 2017 Analysis + Directions for Prelims 2018 Workbook by Dr. V: Click2buy
- Civils Digest + Prelims Daily compilation released for September 2017: Click2buy the 6 month compilation for 99 only
- Flagship Prelims TS Batch 2 started on 15th September: Click2join | Contact us for any more queries at firstname.lastname@example.org | Call us at 8823831311