Low Priority News Items of the Day:
VVIP chopper deal: CBI seizes cash, jewellery
The CBI has conducted searches against three suspects in the AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal case and seized about Rs. 85 lakh. Jewellery worth over Rs. 1 crore was also found in two lockers.
It is a famous case of corruption. But there is no need to go after each and every corruption case, separately.
The turnover test in Pakistan
After the ouster of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt followed by a democratic victory of the Muslim Brotherhood, we ended up with a former military general backed by the U.S. and Saudi Arabia. In Thailand, a long democratic transition found complete reversal with the military coup of 2014, and now three years later, elections seem a long way away. In Indonesia, the democratic transition, after 32 years of military rule, in 1998 took at least ten or so years before Indonesia was said to have become a more stable democracy.
The op-ed is not directly related to India. And therefore it has very less relevance from the UPSC perspective.
Other initiatives @ CD
- 100 Most Probable Q&A for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 100 Most Probable Issues for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 60 Most Probable Ethics Case Studies | IAS 2017-18: Click2Get
- Target Mains Q&A Compilation- September 2017: Click2Get
- Prelims 2017 Analysis + Directions for Prelims 2018 Workbook by Dr. V: Click2buy
- Civils Digest + Prelims Daily compilation released for September 2017: Click2buy the 6 month compilation for 99 only
- Flagship Prelims TS Batch 2 started on 15th September: Click2join | Contact us for any more queries at email@example.com | Call us at 8823831311