The talks will be called Comprehensive Bilateral Dialogue; Pakistan assures early completion of the Mumbai terror attacks trial.
- The structured dialogue process significant as the resumption of dialogue comes at the time of the 30th anniversary of the SAARC.
- The India-Pakistan Composite Dialogue is rooted in the 1997 SAARC Summit at Male where PM I.K. Gujral and Mr. Sharif agreed to create a Composite Dialogue Process (CDP).
- The CDP survived till 26/11 terror attacks on Mumbai led to its suspension.
- Now, 10-point Comprehensive Dialogue Process replaces Composite Dialogue Process of eight issues.
10-Point Comprehensive Dialogue Process includes –
- Peace and Security, confidence building measures
- J&K, Siachen, Sir Creek
- Wullar barrage/ Tulbul project
- Economic and commercial cooperation
- Counter-terrorism, narcotics control
- Humanitarian issues
- People-to-people exchanges
- Religious tourism