Group makes it clear that while they were fully cooperating with France to arrive at an agreement, they would like to see specific and clear provisions on financial support.
- The BASIC group committed themselves to a comprehensive, balanced, ambitious and legally binding agreement emerging from the Paris Climate Change conference.
- They cautioned that it must not deviate from differentiation principles that are already part of the UNFCCC.
- Pre-2020 action by all parties is part of the mandate given in the climate conference in Durban, South Africa 4 years ago.
- Developing countries can make voluntary bilateral donations or engage in other forms of South-South cooperation.
- BASIC countries facing pressure from the US and EU to widen the base of countries making climate finance donations, although on a “voluntary” basis, covering emerging economies.