World’s fastest cruise missile successfully hit target ship ‘Alleppey’ located at a distance covering nearly the full range of the missile with high precision.
- INS Kochi is a 7,500-tonne indigenously developed warship
- It has new design concepts for survivability, stealth and manoeuvrability.
- It can carry 16 BrahMos missiles in two eight-cell vertical launch systems.
- Brahmos is a two stage missile, jointly developed by India and Russia.
- It can fly at a supersonic speed of 2.8 Mach and at a height of 10m.
- It carries conventional warheads and launched from ships, land and submarines.