Countries have the right to self defence under international law and India can not legate the problem of terrorism to that of political management alone.
- Nuclear weapons have become the licence to undertake terror through its proxies.
- Hope that full engagement with Pakistan can withstand major terrorist attacks is misplaced.
- Political pressures and the need to show action inevitably lead to disruptions.
- The time has come to seek to break this cycle
- Answer to Pak sponsored attacks cannot lie in engagement, for it has not worked, and nor has its opposite.