Skip to the content
- Indian Railways is operating Buddhist Tourism Circuit Special Train through IRCTC.
- Launched in 2007, with objective of offering a safe, comfortable & reliable tour package for international as well as domestic travelers on the Buddhist Circuit.
- Train has been awarded the coveted National Tourism Award of Excellence by the Ministry of Tourism, in Feb 2009.
- This train has become very popular among the pilgrims and tourist across the world.
- Buddhist Circuit Train, popularly known as Mahaparinirvan Express is a tourist train, to attract Buddhist pilgrims as Lumbini, Bodhgaya, Varanasi and Kushinagar.