Mains Paper 3: Agriculture| Transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: AMIF
Mains level: Expected outcomes from the AMIF
- The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs Chaired gave its approval for the creation of Agri-Market Infrastructure Fund (AMIF).
Agri-Market Infrastructure Fund (AMIF)
- AMIF is a corpus of Rs. 2000 crore to be created with NABARD for development and up-gradation of agricultural marketing infrastructure in Gramin Agricultural Markets and Regulated Wholesale Markets.
- It will provide the State/UT Governments subsidized loan for their proposal for developing marketing infrastructure in 585 Agriculture Produce Market Committees (APMCs) and 10,000 Grameen Agricultural Markets (GrAMs).
- States may also access AMIF for innovative integrated market infrastructure projects including Hub and Spoke mode and in PPP mode.
- In these GrAMs, physical and basic infrastructure will be strengthened using MGNREGA and other Government Schemes.
- The Scheme being demand driven, its progress is subject to the demands from the States and proposals received from them.