- The measures taken by the govt to improve liquidity position of sugar mills enabled them to clear cane price dues of farmers.
- The cane price arrears were reduced from Rs. 21,000 cr to about Rs 2,700 cr.
- The measures included providing incentive on raw sugar export, extended financial assistance in the form of soft loan.
- It also provided fixed remunerative price for sugarcane and waived off excise duty on ethanol supplied under Ethanol Blending Program.
- Recently, a production subsidy was provided to sugar mills to offset cost of cane and facilitate timely payment of cane price dues.
Posted on | PIB