Skip to content
- According to a IIT Kanpur study, road dust contribute a far greater share of the city’s air pollution.
- Road dust contributed 56% of all PM10 pollution while it was 38% for PM2.5.
- It is relatively hard to tackle dust because of Delhi’s geographic location and propensity to dust from the Thar desert.
- Also, the winter air traps dust along with a host of other airborne pollutant.
- The lack of larger policy to contain road-side construction and the regular cleaning of roads is also a major cause.