In a 316-page counter-affidavit filed in Supreme Court, Ministry of Home Affairs cites political stability is imperative in the border state.
- Recurrent insurgency, Chinese claims, a communal Chief Minister and a document signed by a “majority” 34 MLAs urging for President’s rule in Arunachal Pradesh are factors listed by the Centre.
- To justify the proclamation of emergency in the sensitive border State on Republic Day.
- The Centre said President’s rule was imposed on Arunachal Pradesh in the interest of the country.
- The country cannot afford a whiff of instability in the State.
- Which has seen recurrent insurgency as well as attempts by China to claim large parts of its territory.