- Context: UIDAI’s efforts to ensure the Aadhaar information is not misused
- Regulations: Agencies in possession of Aadhaar number of an individual will not be allowed to publish or post the information publicly and will have to ensure security and confidentiality
- These agencies have also been mandated to inform Aadhaar holders the purpose for which their details will be used
- The biometric information cannot be shared with anyone for any reason whatsoever
- Any violation of the Aadhaar Act will constitute an offence and is punishable under the Act
Discuss: What is the legal status of Right to Privacy in India? Discuss it in the context of recent Aadhaar Act. How can this issue be taken care of?