Ministry to soon introduce credit rating to attract investors.
- The list of 20 cities that have qualified to build smart infrastructure with Rs. 200 crore each from the Central government’s first phase of funding.
- The Ministry has given top rating to Bhubaneswar for its robust Smart City plan.
- Mission promotes integrated city planning, where Swachh Bharat Mission and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation complement each other.
- The Central government has created an outside agency named Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV).
- This will be headed by a CEO, and will be given powers to “execute” the proposed developments and projects.