- The Centre is planning to build an aerotropolis in Assam and has sought 2,000 acres from the state for the
- Centre proposed to build an aerotropolis in the state which would bring huge benefits to the region in terms of
civil aviation and air connectivity.
- Centre has requested state government to allot 2,000 acres an hour’s journey away from Guwahati city near
- An aerotropolis is a metropolitan subregion where the layout, infrastructure, and economy are centered on
an airport which serves as a multimodal “airport city” commercial core.
- It is similar in form to a traditional metropolis, which contains a central city commercial core and commuterlinked suburbs.
- The engine of the aerotropolis is the airport and its air routes which offer firms speedy connectivity to their
distant suppliers, customers, and enterprise partners worldwide.
- The aerotropolis encompasses aviation-dependent businesses and the commercial facilities that support
them and the multitude of air travelers who pass through the airport annually.