Skip to the content
- Govt. will expedite the proposal for setting up a National Road Safety Authority.
- The proposed authority will prescribe minimum safety standards for vehicles, roads and drivers.
- The Centre will also open up 3,000 training, fitness and pollution centres to train drivers.
- The Centre will also push automobile companies to introduce airbags in economy cars.
- Further, the govt. will ask states to conduct safety audits of state highways and district roads.
- Around 1.5 lakh people are killed in road accidents every year and the govt wants to reduce the fatalities by half.