- The largest share of developing 13 smart cities is with UP, followed by Tamil Nadu, which qualified to develop 12.
- The Smart City Mission promotes integrated city planning with an aim to achieve inclusive growth.
- The Ministry will impose fines on States that violate the timeline of 60 days of finalising the projects.
- The smart city mission will attract both national and international investors who are looking for opportunities.
- The mission will see govt. schemes re-enforcing each other, such as Swachh Bharat Mission and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation.
Posted on | The Hindu