Indian campuses are witnessing unusual caste flare-ups, highlighted by the suicide of Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula in Hyderabad.
- The Hindu examines how caste fault lines are muddying higher education.
- The government’s ill-crafted budget cuts and erratic decision-making are adding to the grievances of a generation.
- Dalit student politics is making its presence felt in many Indian universities.
- With the alleged suicide of a Dalit student at the University of Hyderabad, this movement is suddenly in the news.
- Reservations and discrimination are major issues for organisations.