Mains Paper 2 : Health & Education |
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : EQUIP Project
Mains level : Promoting quality education in India
- Equip stands for Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme.
- The Ministry of HRD plans to launch this ambitious ₹1.5 lakh crore action plan to improve the quality and accessibility of higher education over the next five years.
- The Centre would mobilise money from the marketplace through the Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA).
- The joint venture between the HRD Ministry and Canara Bank, set up in 2017, has been tasked with raising ₹1 lakh crore to finance infrastructure improvements in higher education by 2022.
Objectives of the project
The committees have drafted strategy to improve access to higher education, especially for underserved communities:
- improve the gross enrolment ratio;
- improve teaching and learning processes;
- build educational infrastructure;
- improve the quality of research and innovation;
- use technology and online learning tools; and
- work on accreditation systems, governance structures and financing.
A news NEP
- This is being described as the implementation plan for the National Education Policy — a 2014 poll promise from the NDA.
- The last NEP was released in 1986, with a revision in 1992.