Skip to content
- The SC ruled that appointment of archakas in TN temples as per the Agamas was not a violation of the right to equality.
- The exclusive right given to a particular group to enter the sanctum sanctorum of a temple could not be construed as a practice of untouchability.
- The exclusion prescribed in the Agamas was not on the basis of caste, birth or pedigree.
- Some Agamas even excluded Brahmins from the sanctum sanctorum and duties of performance of pujas.
- The apex court explained that Agamas were the fundamental religious belief of a particular sect.