- News: Petroleum Minister laid the foundation stone for India’s first Octomax unit at the Mathura refinery for the production of high-octane gasoline.
- Importance: Unit will be the first-of-its-kind in India addressing the emerging scenario in petroleum refining
- About Octomax: Novel technology developed in-house by R&D Centre of Indian Oil
- Involves: conversion of cracked C4 streams to high-octane gasoline blending stock for production of Euro-IV/V equivalent gasoline
- Way forward: Mathura refinery will play major role in meeting govt’s target of introducing BS-VI standards in petrol and diesel by 2020
Posted on | The Hindu