From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Not Much
Mains level : Various threats to children across the world
- The UNICEF has enlisted eight growing challenges for the children across globe.
Children at risk
- Protracted conflicts, the worsening climate crisis, a decline in mental health, mass migration and online misinformation are some of the most concerning emerging global threats to children.
- Majority of children will grow up as natives of a digital environment saturated with online misinformation.
- For example, so-called ‘deep fake’ technology uses artificial intelligence techniques to create convincing fakes of audio and video content, relatively easily.
Threats to the future of world’s children as highlighted by UNICEF
- Access to clean water, clean air and a safe climate
- Conflict and disaster zones
- Mental illness
- Need for Twenty-first century skills for a twenty-first century economy
- Protecting their Digital footprint
- Vulnerability for being the least trusting generation of citizens