From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Scheme
Mains level : Nothing Much
TRIFED, a Multi-State Co-operative Society under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs has launched the “Go Tribal” campaign.
- Products available under Tribes India brand & outlets can also be procured through Online retailers like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. with whom TRIFED has entered into Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- TRIFED has not introduced Khadi Kurtas and Jackets in collaboration with “I Am Khadi” foundation.
- However, in order to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Father of Nation, Tribes India/TRIFED is promoting Khadi based products made by tribal artisans.
Minor Forest Produces
- Besides continuing the existing schemes for tribal welfare, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs under its scheme of ‘Mechanism for Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) through Minimum Support Price (MSP) and Development of Value Chain for MFP’ has included 26 additional Minor Forest Produces for which Minimum Support Price has been notified in December 2018/ January 2019.
- Also better facilities for skill upgradation and value addition for MFPs in the form of Van Dhan Kendras for providing better monitory return to the MFP gatherers have also been included.