- The second tranche of the Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) scheme has attracted applications for gold worth Rs.726 crore.
- The scheme is gradually picking-up amongst the investors with increase in awareness and more clarity about the provisions of the scheme.
- The idea behind the SGB scheme is to wean away those who use gold as a store of value.
- It encourages them to invest in the gold bonds as opposed to the yellow metal itself.
- The bonds are issued by the Reserve Bank of India on behalf of the govt.
Posted on | The Hindu