Skip to the content
- There is a stark reduction in moderately dense forest by nearly 30,000 acres in the state of Karnataka.
- The moderately dense forest are generally found in the lower reaches of Western Ghats.
- The dense forests form only 4% of the total forest area in the State.
- The state has seen massive increase in open forests that are either afforested land or plantations.
- The large-scale replanting of eucalyptus and acacia plantations may have led to the perception of lower greenery in the State.