There will be no subsidy for commercial establishments in the private sector.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved an increase in the budget for implementation of grid-connected solar rooftop systems to Rs.5,000 crore to 2019-2020.
- This will support installation of 4,200 MW solar rooftop systems in the country in next 5 years.
- The capital subsidy of 30 per cent will be provided for general category States and Union Territories and 70 per cent for special category States.
- This will enable the balance capacity through market mode to achieve the target of 40,000 MWp by 2022.
- The government has revised the target of National Solar Mission (NSM) from 20,000 MWp to 1 lakh MWp by 2022.