Mains Paper 3: Disaster Management | Disaster & disaster management
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Impact Based Forecasting Approach
Mains level: Flood Monitoring using Impact Based Forecasting Approach
- A new technology has been developed by IMD to assess the rise of water level in rivers and reservoirs by rain and can help state governments to minutely monitor the impact of rainfall.
Impact Based Forecasting Approach
- The technology shows “pre-event scenario which can help authorities in taking real-time decisions.
- With this the government can be able to generate a scenario where it can take decisions to release water or not release it.
- It will be helpful for every state authority to take a decision.
- There is another technology which would help in identifying warm ocean segments that are contributing to the rapid intensification of the systems.