On the other two agreements the CISMOA and BECA, however, India has deeper concerns as it involves giving the U.S. access to India’s encrypted systems.
- Three major military pacts which could elevate Indo-U.S. relations to a new strategic level are being pursued afresh under the PM Modi regime.
- Both sides are one step short of reaching an understanding on the Logistic Support Agreement (LSA), which gives U.S. forces access to Indian bases for logistics support and vice versa.
- Government embarking on joint development and production projects for high technology weapons under the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI).
- The three “foundational agreements” guide U.S. high technology sales to other countries.
In addition to the LSA, includes –
- Communications Interoperability and Security Memorandum of Agreement (CISMOA)
- Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-spatial Cooperation (BECA).