Skip to content
Foreign Policy Watch: India-France
- At least three of the 14 agreements signed by India and France were on expanding space collaboration.
- The ISRO and its French counterpart CNES (National Centre for Space Studies) agreed to work together in the next Mars mission, as well as a satellite launch and a thermal infrared observation mission.
- Both sides also signed an agreement on upgrading the Delhi-Chandigarh line to 200 kmph.
- The other agreements on nuclear issue, counterterror, defence show a positive continuum of the past work.
- France also committed itself to supporting India’s bid for a permanent seat on the UNSC and accession to the multilateral (nuclear) export control regimes.