Skip to the content
- The Govt of India signed a loan agreement with World Bank for the Neeranchal National Watershed Project.
- The project will be implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development over a six-year period (2016-21).
- It will support the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana in hydrology and water management, agricultural production systems, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation.
- All the 29 states which implement the watershed projects will benefit from Neeranchal.
- 12% of the wasteland area will be targeted through this project to make about 336 lakh hectares of land arable.