India will have its own climate change models to project the impact of global warming over the decades.
- It will form part of the forthcoming 6th IPCC reports that are expected to be available in 2020.
- The climate models will be prepared by the Pune-based Centre for Climate Change Research.
- These dynamic models rely on super-computers to compute the weather on a given day and simulate how it would evolve over days, months and even years.
- These models, developed in the US, have over few years been customised to Indian conditions.
- Their ability to predict the Indian monsoon has consistently improved over the years.