Skip to content
- Modadugu Vijay Gupta is a noted agricultural scientist, who has done pioneering work in aquaculture in India and several other countries.
- He shared the USD 1 million prize with President of Kiribati Islands Anote Tong.
- Tong was chosen for his fight to end the carbon emissions which are spelling doom for small island nations.
- The awards were instituted to recognise and highlight the work of individuals making big efforts for the betterment of the people.
- He was also the recipient of the World Food Prize in 2005 for development of low-cost techniques for freshwater fish farming.