Skip to the content
- An International Solar Alliance (ISA) is likely to be operational by the middle of 2016.
- Mr. Modi and François Hollande would lay the foundation stone of the alliance at the National Institute of Solar Energy in Gurgaon.
- One of the objectives of the alliance is to get $1 trillion investments in the solar sector worldwide by 2030.
- This will be the first time that India will have the headquarters of an international agency.
- The International Solar Alliance will become a legal entity after a minimum 25 countries ratify it.