The plan aims to create an environment of solidarity and trust among the minority, and envisages different departments undertaking various schemes to reach out to the minority.
- To face the challenges posed by various home-grown extremists and the global IS terrorists
- Maharashtra government has rolled out a deradicalisation programme for the minority community
- The plan, brought out by the State Home Department, is a 50-point socio-economic strategy with the aim of ‘bringing youth of the minority community into the mainstream’
- The State Education Department will launch a mid-day meal scheme in Urdu schools
- Also provide textbooks at subsidised rates, and teach Urdu as optional subject in 300 Marathi shalas (schools)