From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Jeevan Kaushal Programme
Mains level : Importance of life skills
Jeevan Kaushal Programme
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a “life skills” (Jeevan Kaushal) programme in the curriculum for under-graduate courses across the country.
- The new programme, which for 8 credit points, can be accommodated in any semester and is aimed at inculcating emotional and intellectual competencies in students develop verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- The programme will comprise four courses – communication, professional, leadership and universal human values and skills.
- The programme will focus on team work, problem-solving and decision-making.
- It will be effective tools in helping students develop practical knowledge that helps them when they start their careers and become responsible citizens.