Infrastructure investments of about Rs.12 lakh cr remained stuck as of end-Dec. 2014.
- The Kelkar panel has come out with clear-cut norms on resolving issues and clarifying norms on re-negotiation of contracts.
- Kelkar Committee report has recommended creation of multi-disciplinary expert institutions.
- To address the problem of stalled PPP projects and legacy issues plaguing the projects.
- The report says that an Infrastructure PPP Project Review Committee (IPRC) be constituted comprising at least one expert in finance and economics, law.
- It recommends creation of an Infrastructure PPP Adjudication Tribunal, to be chaired by a former SC Judge or former HC Chief Justice, with at least 1 technical and financial member.