Mains Paper 2: IR | Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: PATA
Mains level: Enhancing Tourism Potential in Kerala
- Kerala Tourism’s efforts got an impetus after its innovative marketing campaigns won the entity two prestigious gold awards of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA).
- Kerala Tourism got the first gold for its ‘Yalla Kerala’ print media campaign in the Gulf countries.
- With the punch line, ‘Yalla Kerala,’ the campaign triggered a lot of interest for God’s Own Country as a tourism destination in the Gulf countries.
- It showcased the State’s greenery and backwaters, a different world from the Gulf, just four hours away.
Kochi-Muziris Biennale (KMB)
- The second gold award came for an innovative poster for the third edition of the Kochi-Muziris Biennale (KMB), the biggest contemporary art show in south Asia.
- The post titled ‘live-inspired’ featured a colourful boat and fishermen, and could be put up straight as well as upside down.
Pacific Asia Travel Association
- The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a membership association working to promote the responsible development of travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region.
- Founded in 1951, the PATA is a not-for profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism in Asia Pacific region.
- The PATA Awards are presented to outstanding entries in the principal categories of Marketing; Education and Training; Environment, and Heritage and Culture.