Skip to the content
- Context: Modi announced key nuclear security initiatives by India during Nuclear Security Summit
- Initiatives: Counter nuclear smuggling and strengthen the national detection architecture for nuclear and radioactive material
- A dedicated counter-nuclear smuggling team has been set up.
- High national priority to nuclear security through strong institutional framework, independent regulatory agency and trained and specialized manpower
- Support IAEA’s role in nuclear security by a further contribution of $1 million to the nuclear security fund