Maharashtra and Mumbai are likely to be among the biggest beneficiaries of the Make in India Week, with the government going all out to make it a showpiece event.
- Maharashtra will host the biggest pavilion among the 17 State pavilions at the Make in India
- This event showcase potential as an investment destination over 10,000 sq ft, the State is likely to sign MoUs worth Rs. 4 lakh crore during the event
- The State will begin its pitch for investment on February 14 with the Maharashtra Textile seminar to attract investment in textile parks
- Though Maharashtra is one of the largest cotton producing States, only 25 per cent of its produce gets used here
- So in line with from-farm-to-fashion call given by the PM, this intend to scale it up to ensure that all the cotton gets utilised with direct benefit to farmers